The Fuel Superintendent is responsible for fabricating, installing, and maintaining piping systems and fixtures for high-pressure water, gas, and steam flow by performing the following duties.
Wage: $35.00 – $45.00 Hr. DOE
- High school diploma or GED
- 5+ years of experience in equipment operating working with grades and reading blueprints.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license/ CDL
- Must have experience working with underground fuel piping for gas stations.
- ICC certification to handle, install and test both underground and above-ground piping preferred.
- Supervisory experience.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license/CDL.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to work independently.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and set high standards for accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills are required.
- Develops a schedule and cost-effective plan for the completion of an assigned project.
- Collaborates with Project Manager to create preconstruction estimates and budgets for materials and labor.
- Lays out a full-scale drawing of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Coordinates and schedules the work activities of tradespeople, professionals, and laborers, communicating to deliver instructions and project assignments as appropriate.
- Regularly inspects work for quality and timeliness; prepares and provided progress reports to owners and engineers; makes recommendations for necessary modifications.
- Ensures specifications and regulations outlined in civil and mechanical drawings are followed.
- Obtains required permits and licenses and executes construction contacts according to terms of the agreement.
- Monitor budgets through the project and communicate variances as they occur.
- Maintains records related to job costs and inventory.
- Addresses any safety violations or other deficiencies.
- Cuts, threads, and hammers pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe threaders and benders.
- Attaches pipes to walls, structures, and fixtures, such as radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools, or welding equipment.
- Inspects, examines, and tests installed systems and pipelines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Lays out full-scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Plans pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
- Modifies, cleans, and maintains pipe systems, units, fittings, and related machines and equipment, following specifications and using hand and power tools.
- Follows company safety guidelines and uses appropriate protective equipment.
- Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Respectfully takes direction from the Project Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Medical, Dental & Vision options with low premiums for employees and eligible dependents
- Life AD&D – Voluntary and Company paid
- Specialty RX programs
- Telehealth by Teladoc
- 401(k) Profit Share Plan with annual company matching contributions
- Employee Incentive Profit Share program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Company-provided vehicle
- Company-provided cellphone and tech device
Pacific Northern Environmental LLC DBA PNE Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We are a drug and alcohol-free workplace. All new hires are subject to testing in accordance with local, federal, and state guidelines.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Longview - WA
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday